Being successful is not something that depends on any one factor, but is often the result of a combination of right moves that have been made. The world’s most successful business leaders offer these tips to help you gain a foothold on the work-ladder.
- Have a sense of self-worth. “Don’t discount yourself, no matter what you’re doing – everyone has a unique perspective they can bring to the world” – great advice from someone who started young at realizing his own potential — Mark Zuckerberg. The CEO of Facebook thinks that if you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will.
2. Be ready to help others. In a ruthless world, kindness matters; that’s the opinion of Douglas Conant, the CEO of Campbell’s Soup, a company that has been in business since 1869. He says, “If everyone stepped in to help a team member three times a week, or a thousand times a year, imagine the increase in productivity levels”.
3. Push your limits. “I always did something I was a little not ready to do,” says Marissa Mayer, Yahoo’s chief executive. She insists there’s no other way to grow except to keep on challenging yourself. A breakthrough will only happen she says, when you keep pushing.
4. Be ready to fail. Elon Musk, founder of PayPal, SpaceX and Tesla, believes that failure is an important part of learning. “Failure is an option. If things are not failing, you are not innovative enough.”
5. Do your homework. “When pitching an idea, lead with your knowledge and passion” – Susan Cain, co-founder of Quiet Revolution, thinks charisma takes second place to being equipped with knowledge about your subject and being passionate about what you believe in. Everyone sits up and notices these two things.