Have you ever been to the gym or your workplace and pondered over what to do? Without a plan or a goal you just wander around because your brain is foggy and you’re lost in thought? Well, if this is a happening occurrence then you need to pay close attention and add these brain-boosting foods to your daily diet. After all, lifting those heavy weights or even doing those daily tasks requires mind over matter.
1. Sunflower Seeds: These are enriched with Vitamin E and numerous studies have shown increased and improved brain functionality with the consumption of Vitamin E enriched foods. The seeds are also a stellar source of thiamine that converts your carbohydrates into the energy your brain and muscles use to power themselves.
2. Canned Sardines: Sardines is a rich source of Vitamin D and proven by researchers Vitamin D is essential for numerous functions in our body. Our brain requires Vitamin D to nerve signaling and to prevent mental decline with age.
3. Eggs: Particularly yolks – are a great source of choline (responsible for transport and synthesis of lipids in the body). Though choline isn’t given much importance it is an essential precursor for acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter involved in memory and cognition. So if you keep forgetting where you kept your keys, watch, or general things then you better get cracking.
4. Salmon: It is said to contain long-chain Omega-3 fatty acids and studies suggest that a higher intake of these Omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) can help fight off depression and lack of motivation. So if you are suffering from lack of motivation and cant get off the couch, start fishing.
5. Beef: Beef is a stellar source of absorbable form of iron. Iron helps transport oxygen throughout the body, including the brain which needs oxygen to function. A study published in the “American Journal of Clinical Nutrition” found that women with healthy iron levels performed better on mental tasks and completed them faster than those with poor iron status. Red meat is also a natural source of creatine, the same compound shown to offer strength-boosting powers.