The various benefits of vinegar have been quoted by grannies all over the world for centuries, but recent research shows that a bottle of apple cider vinegar may be one of the best things to occupy your kitchen shelf, considering the multiple uses it can be put to.
1. It Cures An Upset Tummy. The antibiotic properties in apple cider vinegar help control bacterial infections and its pectin content soothes intestinal spasms. Take 2 tablespoons mixed with warm water to dispel the rumbles.
2. It Soothes A Sore Throat. Get rid of the infection early on by gargling every couple of hours with a mixture of 1/4 cup each of water and apple cider vinegar. The anti-bacterial properties will get rid of germs fast.
3. It Helps Clear Phlegm. Nothing’s better for clearing sinuses and getting rid of the ‘stuffy-nose’ feeling than drinking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with warm water every few hours. The potassium in it thins mucus, and the acetic acid reduces germ growth.
4. It Aids With Weight Loss. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar is an appetite suppressant, and also reduces water retention while speeding up the metabolism. Research suggests it interferes with the digestion of starch, meaning fewer calories enter your bloodstream.
5. It Gets Rid of Dandruff. Ask Dr. Mehmet Oz. He suggests it as a surefire cure for dandruff, because it changes the pH level of your scalp, making yeast growth difficult. Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water in a spray bottle, spritz your scalp with it and wrap your head in a towel half an hour before showering. Doing this twice-a-week will rid you of dandruff forever.
6. It’s A Great Skin Toner. The malic and lactic acids in apple cider vinegar soften and exfoliate your skin and restore the pH balance. Its anti-bacterial properties also reduce acne.
7. It Cures Leg Cramps. Cramps during sleep often occur when potassium levels in your bloodstream are low. Apple cider vinegar is high in potassium and can relieve your agony. Mix two tablespoons of it in warm water, add a little honey and drink before sleeping. This little ti-sane will ensure you don’t wake up screaming in the middle of the night.