Prescription drugs to cure anxiety and stress are a little too easily available in our country, but they do have side effects that could cause more harm than benefit in the long run. Before you get hooked on to the addictive pharmaceutical stress-relievers, why not give these natural herbal remedies a chance?
- Eucalyptus. Eucalyptus oil is available in several forms, from sprays to infused teas. It’s also used in many pain-relieving balms. A drop or two of pure eucalyptus oil rubbed onto the temples relaxes nerves and helps relieve stress-related migraine headaches.
2. Chamomile. The most common way of using chamomile is a tea infusion. Chamomile tea is readily available at big grocery stores and is said to have a soothing effect on frayed nerves, especially if taken just before going to sleep. Chamomile is also added to body lotions and bath gels, as it has a soothing effect on the skin.
3. Gingko Biloba. One of the most popular natural remedies for anxiety, gingko biloba also improves concentration and revives energy. Add it to your daily vitamin supplements to get the full benefit of it.
4. Jojoba. We all know that jojoba-added skin and hair products are very popular and effective, but jojoba oil is also a muscle relaxant. It relieves headaches and joint stiffness and a good head or skin massage with jojoba will help melt anxiety away.
5. St. John’s Wort. Available in tablet form at major healthcare stores, St. John’s Wort is a very popular natural medication for anxiety and depression. It eases stress and helps in curing migraine headaches too.