Fitness, they say, is not an overnight process rather, it’s a way of life. To be fit in body and mind and to perform to your optimum ability (both at work and play), you’d do well to pick-up these five healthy habits that keep the super-fit going.
1. Never skip breakfast. The best reason for having a healthy breakfast is that it stops you from bingeing later, by jump-starting your metabolism. If you don’t feel like eating a full meal early in the morning a granola bar and a fruit smoothie will do the job just as well.
2. Keep yourself hydrated. H2O is your body’s best friend; the sooner you realize that, the better. Super-healthy people are the ones asking for water at the restaurant instead of carbonated sodas. If you’re not a fan of plain water, add slices of cucumber, orange, lemon or even a few mint leaves to your carry bottle.
3. Take daily exercise breaks. Absolutely necessary to refresh the mind and body, they wake you up from your work-stupor. Stretches, lunges, squats, walks around the block – all keep you alert and in top shape to take on new challenges.
4. Keep a meal-log. If only just for a week or two initially, it will give you a pretty clear picture of what you’re doing wrong. Build up on the cues by cutting down on fats, sugar and carbs as you progress to your super-fit goal.
5. Don’t light up. ‘Smoking Kills’, it’s as simple as that. Quitting is that giant step towards better health and fitness. It’s impossible to maintain any exercise or fitness regime if you’re not giving up on this one negative that pulls all the positives down.