Popular British celebrity chef Jamie Oliver aka ‘The Naked Chef’, has once again managed to steal our hearts with his mouth-watering ‘baked chocolate pudding’. True to his signature ‘naked’ style, in this recipe Jamie breaks everything down to the basics. Unlike many chefs whose fancy and elaborate recipes are often difficult to follow, Jamie simplifies his method of cooking so that anyone can do it. See below for Jamie’s recipe:
- 455 g good-quality cooking chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 50 ml hot espresso or good strong instant coffee
- 125 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 6 free-range eggs, separated
- 200 g caster sugar
- 100 g ground almonds
- 100 g rice flour
- 1 small handful chopped hazelnuts, toasted
1. Melt 125g of chocolate with coffee, then pour into small ice-cube moulds and freeze until hard.
2. Take 6 small 3-inch pastry rings, cylindrical moulds or cappuccino cups and grease well with butter. Place in the fridge while you make your sponge mixture.
3. Melt the remaining chocolate with the butter in a bowl over a pan of boiling water, and then in a separate bowl whisk the egg whites with the sugar until firm.
4. Fold the yolks into the cooled chocolate and butter mixture, then add almonds and flour.
5. Finish by carefully folding in the egg white mixture. Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
6. Take your moulds out of the fridge and spoon a little mixture into each one, then push in a cube of the frozen coffee-and-chocolate mixture. Cover with the rest of the sponge mixture so each ice cube is completely enveloped.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 18 to 20 minutes, and then remove carefully from the moulds while hot. Serve immediately after sprinkling with hazelnuts.